Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Trials

We all have trials, each and everyone of us. For each person trails come in different forms. Some trials we bring on ourselves through the choices we make, other trials are thrust upon us by outside sources.
Additionally, we each handle trials in our own unique ways. Some people chose to face the bad times face on, having faith that everything will turn out right in the end. Others curl up in a ball and wait for things to improve.
For our family, trials almost always seem to come in monetary form. Before anyone judges to harshly and tells me to just stop spending, let me say that we do everything we possibly can to stay out of debt. In fact, our only debt is one student loan and our house. Not bad considering most people are loaded down with vehicle and credit card debt. We rarely eat out, never go to the movies, and we don't even have cable. And we also put part of every pay check into savings.
No, our problems seem to come in the form of medical bills and breakdowns to our cars and the house. Thankfully, we do have some savings to fall back on, but what do you do when that runs dry? Well, I guess that's when faith comes in. In my religion we pay 10% of our income to tithing. That may seem like a lot, but I have no doubt that because of that 10% we have found our way out of some pretty dark times. I am grateful to give that 10% to the Lord, because as I see it, He lets me keep 90%! Not bad.
So as we are now in the midst of another financial trial. I take my hunky fireman by that hand, smile, and say, "bring it on!"

1 comment:

  1. I so understand about the monetary and medical trials. That seems to be us too. Our only debt is the house and a home equity line of credit (we just finished paying off the truck!), but I still feel like money is super tight. And now it looks like our laptop has a problem too (something about the battery not charging anymore). But anyway, I do love all the blessings we do receive from paying tithing. Really, I don't understand how people can survive or live without paying tithing.

    ReplyDelete